Saturday, March 25, 2006

Knowing me, knowing you. There is nothing we can do...

I met a guy at a Capitale who mentioned that he also bought property up in Woodstock, NY. I asked if he'd thought about buying at house in Kingston which is only 15 minutes away but had houses at half the price. He said "No because if you're trying to impress someone you DON'T want to say that you're NEAR Woodstock, you want to say you're IN Woodstock.

He said "imagine what would happen if you're driving up to Woodstock with a pretty woman from the upper eastside and you said "Actually the house is in Kingston, right next to Woodstock." She'd first stare at you like you were Ted Bundy, then scream "it's bad enough we're not going to the Hamptons" then jump out of the car on route 87 going 80mph. Who'd want that to happen?

So what I'd like to know is: Do most people think like this at some level?

Post your comments below!
Post comments on my other blogs on: http://www.blogger.com/profile/2242449

6 Comments:

Blogger EE said...

Well if this girl had a brain for real estate, she would realize that all real estate in that area is going to appreciate. That is why everyone is flocking to Woodstock in the first place. Soon the trend will continue into Kingston. Also, if one is not going to the Hamptons, what difference does it make where you go really?

12:13 PM  
Blogger CassWorldNYC said...

To answer your question Alina, I started a real estate development company last year building luxury 2nd homes for New Yorkers in Woodstock. I got a great offer for the first house I built so I decided to buy 70 acres from a woman my development partner got to be friends with up there. We're building a horse farm with rental cottages and may subdivide it into 3-5 acre lots in the future. Right now I just like the idea of having a lot of land and getting income from renting horse stalls and vacation cottages. It's a back to nature thing for me.

12:59 AM  
Blogger CassWorldNYC said...

In response to Rebel Belle - any Male with a pulse is not going to care if you drive a F-250 or get driven around in a Limo. We don't care if you wear jeans with no make up or dress up in Chanel. Men look for attractiveness beneath the make-up and the clothes. Men are basic animals so we prefer to see what women look like naked. It's the peacock (male) which shows off his feathers to attract the peahen (female). It's the same with us humans. It appears that you don't know what men want. Perhaps you should read a book on the subject and stop projecting. I don't mean to seem harse but I believe a lot of women are under the same impression as you so I hope this gives direction to those who have been misguided.

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a world where wars rage, earthquakes shake and kill.. here we are discussing the considered potential shallowness of people, which has existed since humans walked on their hind quarters. There probably will always be those who care where the house is and then those of us, who know better! (Read 'The Millionaire Next Door': smart investors know not to buy the house in the IN town, buy it in the next town over)~ As for Kingston and Woodstock, they are both great areas! Best of luck to all real estate purchasers, the one investment that you cannot go 'wrong' with.

10:37 AM  
Blogger CassWorldNYC said...

In response to Rebel Belle - Ahhh. De'tente!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend lives midtown in the city ONLY TO IMPRESS people by saying 'i live in midtown, NYC'_ becuz he thinks that it is such a shame for him to say 'i live in long Island or Queens'. (This is not what i think but this is what he told me)

But the truth i know?? Ppl dont know he lives in such a small little studio apt which is size of someone's kitchen living in long island, queens, or New Jersey!

Is that worth it? OK, i think..its probably enjoyable and worth it if you are not older than middle 30's and a single. but him? he doesnt even own the apt and he has been paying for rent over 20 years which is waste of money. Now? he is over 40! He has never invested anything becuz he wants to live in the city!

I realize that ppl (especially in NYC) try TOO HARD TO IMPRESS PPL. What other ppl think is more important than their own desire for them.

Don't get me wrong. I truly respect ppl living in Woodstock or Upper East side becuz THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT/ THAT'S WHERE THEY DESIRE TO LIVE not that they want to ONLY impress ppl.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home